Learning English, Literature, Linguistics: Exercise with Attention (Narration)

Thursday 22 December 2011

Exercise with Attention (Narration)

                                   Exercise with Attention (Narration)

                       
      Assertive Sentences:

1.                  He says, “ I am a student.”
2.                  He said, “ I shall go home.”
3.                  The teacher said to the students, “ You were making a noise in the class.”
4.                  He said to me, “ I did the work yesterday.”
5.                  The boy said, “ I can swim.”
6.                  He said, “ That’s a good idea.”
7.                  Kalam says, “ I did not go because I was ill.”
8.                  He said, “ The train reached at nine.”
9.                  Sakil said to me, “ I am drawing a picture for you.”
10.              Sapna said, “ I saw Munia near our college.”
11.              The teacher said to Pamela, “ You must listen to what your parents say.”
12.              The girl said, “Sir, I know the answer of this question.”
13.              The teacher said, “ The moon shines at night.”
14.              Nabbir said to me, “You are not sincere and therefore I do not trust you.”
15.              I said to him, “ I am sick and can not attend the meeting.”
16.              Rony said to him, “ I Shall go to Chittagong tomorrow.”
17.              He said to me, “ You study sincerely and may stand first in the examination.”
18.              He said to you, “ I live here in Chittagong.”
19.              Robin said, “ Man must submit to destiny.”
20.              The teacher said, “All men are equal in the eye of law.”
21.              My father said to me, “ We are going there tomorrow.”
22.              Nargis said, “ Mother, I shall go to bed now.”
23.              Ali said to me, “ I was ill.”
24.              He said to Rahul, “ You were mere a boy when I saw you last.”
25.              The teacher said, “ Time and tide wait for none.”
26.              He said, “ I have been working since sunrise.”
27.              The teacher said to the students, “ The more you read, the more you learn.”
28.              Shama said to me, “ I want to go to college now.”
29.              You said to me, “ You do not do your duty.”
30.              Abir said to Anwar, “ I have passed the examination.”
31.              The old man said to the girl, “ I know you and your brother.”
32.              Rejaul said, “ I ate my meals.”
33.              Alom says, “ I did not play yesterday.”
34.              He will say, “ I shall do the work tomorrow.”
35.              My friend said to me, “ I have already finished my work.”
36.      Reza said, “I had a cow and its colour was white.”



Interrogative Sentences:

1.      The man said to me, “ Who are you?”
2.      I said to him, “ Will you go to college today?”
3.      Haron said to me, “ Do you know me?”
4.      Mother said to me, “ Can you draw a picture of a tree?”
5.      The teacher said to me, “ Have you learnt your lesson today?’
6.      They said to us, “ When will you return home?”
7.      He said to me. “ When will the next letter come?”
8.      I said to the Headmaster, “ Sir, will you grant me a full free studentship?”
9.      The old man said to his sons, “Why do you quarrel always?”
10.  I said to her, “ Will you go to the college tomorrow?”
11.  Rubel said to his mother, “ What did you see when you were in the states?”
12.  Father said to his son, “ Are you interested in Mathematics?”
13.  The man said to the stranger, “ What is your name and why did you come here?”
14.  The teacher said to students, “ Can anyone give the correct answer of this question?”
15.  My mother said to me, “ Is not poverty a curse?”
16.  You said to Rakib, “ Have you seen the man who came to visit yesterday?”
17.  The passenger said to the porter, “ When will the train arrive?”
18.  He said to me, “ Which book do you want?”
19.  He said to me, “ Where did you go yesterday?”
20.  The policeman said to me, “ Did you see the accident?”
21.  He said to me,” Are you ill?”
22.  He said to me, “ Do you know my friend?”
23.  Sakib said to Roman, “ Where have you come from?”
24.  Taufiq said to Rahul, “ Why do you always think about the bad side of things?”
25.  You said to me, “ Would you help me, please?”
26.  My mother said to me, “ Why did you not go to college yesterday?”
27.  Salim said to Salam, “ Why did you write those letters?”
28.  He said to me, “ Did you go to college yesterday?”
29.  She said to him, “ Why have you come here?”
30.  Shaurab said to Shuhel , “ Will you listen to such a fool?”
 31. He said to me, “ What are you doing?”


Imperative Sentences:

1.      The teacher said to the students, “ Stop writing.”
2.      The captain said to the soldiers, “ March forward.”
3.      He said to me, “ Please give me some money.”
4.      Father said to me, “ Take care of your health.”
5.      Mother said to me, “ Don’t run in the sun.”
6.      He said to me, “ Let us go out for a walk by the river side.”
7.      Father said, “ Let him read attentively.”
8.      The teacher said to Amana, “ Read this book.”
9.      The manager said to the strikers, “ Resume your work.”
10.  Mousumi said to Nazma, “ Leave the house at once.”
11.  “Run away, children”, said their mother.
12.  “Let us wait here till the rain stops,” She said.
13.  The teacher said, “ Taslima, write an essay on punctuality.”
14.  The students said to the Principal, “ Please grant me leave of absence, sir.”
15.  Mother said to her son, “ Do not waste you time.”
16.  The old man said, “ Let me have some milk.”
17.  My brother said to me, “ Go to college or you will be punished.”
18.  The chairman said, “ Let us settle the dispute.”
19.  He said to his friends, “ Please wait for me till I return.”
20.  Father said to the son, “ Don’t quarrel with anybody.”
21.  The teacher said to the student, “ Always speak the truth.”
22.  The officer said to the worker, “ Leave the room at once.”
23.  Tamanna said to Ruma, “ Let us go out for a walk.”
24.  Farid said to Rafi, “ Let us learn our lessons.”
25.  The beggar said to the man, “ Let me have a meal.”
26.  “Come in! my friend,” said I.
27.  The prisoner said to the judge, “ Let me see my mother.”
28.  The teacher said to the students, “ Be attentive and listen to my lecture.”
29.  They said to us, “ Let us decide the matter ourselves.”
30.  Arif said, “ Friends, lend me your cars.”
31.  The boy said, “ Good night, mother.”
32.  He said, “ Good morning, Mr Alek.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Please give me the answer of this direct speech to anupamroyar@gmail.com The boy has said, "I did the work yesterday."

Unknown said...

The boy said that he had done the work the previous day