Learning English, Literature, Linguistics: Note of Tense

Friday 9 December 2011

Note of Tense


·                                                                                                                      Note of Tense


      Definition : tense k‡ãi evsjv A_© Kvj| mwVKfv‡e Bs‡iRx †jLvi cÖavb kZ© ni Kvj|  tense ZvB tense ‡K Bs‡iRx fvlvi cÖvY (soul of English language) ej‡Z cvwi| †Kvb Kvh© m¤úv`‡bi mgq ev Kvj‡K  tense e‡j| tense is the form in which a verb is used to express when am action is was or will be formed or tense is the form of a verb which shows the time of an action past present and future indicated by the verb. I eat rice, I ate rice, I shall eat rice.

·        Classification of tense : tense cÖavbZ: 3 cÖKvi (i) Present, Past, Future tense. (1) Present tense: verb Gi Kvh© hLb eZ©gvb mgq‡K wb‡`k© K‡i ZLb Zv‡K  present tense e‡j|. I eat rice. I am eating . I have eaten rice.

(1)      Past : verb Gi Kvh© hLb AZxZ mgq‡K wb‡`k© K‡i ZLb Zv‡K  past tense e‡j| I ate rice, I was eating rice. Imran said that he had eaten rice.
(2)      Future : verb Gi Kvh© hLb fwel¨Z mgq‡K wb‡`©k K‡i ZLb Zv‡K  future tense e‡j|  I shall eat rice. I shall be eating rice. Kv‡h©i mgq‡K Avi I ¯úó K‡i eySvevi Rb¨ cÖ‡Z¨K cÖKvi tense ‡K Avevi Pvifv‡e fvM Kiv nq|  Ans: (i) Indefinite / Simple (ii) Continuous (iii) Perfect (iv) Perfect continuous.

No comments: