Learning English, Literature, Linguistics: Question of Optative and Exclamatory sentences (Narration)

Sunday 5 February 2012

Question of Optative and Exclamatory sentences (Narration)

DR. MAHBUBUR RAHMAN MOLLAH COLLEGE, DHAKA

Exercise With Attention (Narration)

Optative Sentences(Question)

1.                  The teacher said to the student, “ May you come round soon.”
2.                  The president said, “May Bangladesh  live long.”
3.                  The dervish said to me, “May you shine in life.”
4.                  The woman said to his son, “May you be happy.”
5.                  Mother said to me, “May you live long.”
6.                  Father said to his son, “May you pass the examination.”
7.                  “May Allah help you.”
8.                  They said, “Long live our president.”
9.                  Mother said to me, “May Allah bless you.”
10.             Monia said to Maria, “May you get a A+.”

     Exclamatory Sentences(Question)

1.              I said to him, “ What a brave man you are!”
2.              He said, “What a pity!”
3.              I said to my friend, “What a nice fellow your father is!”
4.              The man said to the boy, “How silly you are!”
5.              Nabil said to suman, “What a nice gift I have got for you!”
6.              The traveler said, “How wicked the boys are?”
7.              “Bravo! You have done very well.”
8.              I said, “Had I the wings of a bird!”
9.              I said to her, “What a nice girl your are!”
10.         “What terrible cousins poor Samira had!” said Mr. Rahman.
11.         You said to me, “How nice your handwriting is!”
12.         He said, “What cheering report!”
13.         He said, “Alas! I am undone.”
14.         They said, “How sweet the mango is!”
15.         The boy said, “What a terrible storm it is!”
16.         The boy said, “Hurrah! My father has come.”
17.         I said to you, “How obliged are you to me!”
18.         The teacher to him, “How funny you are!”







1 comment:

Shanteebd said...

Is there any English word named 'Imperative'? The term 'Imperative' is only used in Greek. Believe it or not, look up it to
*OALD or *CALD or other certified Dictionaries.